08 January 2012

Back on the Wagon

So it's a new year.  It seems that every year this time I find a need to let out on the little creativeness I possess.

I had a pretty successful 2011 regarding races. But towards the end of 2011 I already made a decision to try and do more runs to challenge myself and less focus on races. I want to discover new routes for training and try to run existing hiking routes fast. Hiking routes that is not part of a race. 

Routes that come to mind is the Jonkershoek Traverse Marathon, Boland Hiking Trial, summiting Groot Winterhoek Peak, Stellenbosch to Franschoek via the mountains.

It doesn't necessarily have to be fast.  I just want to do it. I can always go back and do it faster at a later stage.

Adventure and exploring needs to return to trail running.

Who's got some challenging routes in mind? Or knows about existing "challenge" routes that people set fastest known times for?

No comments:

Post a Comment