01 November 2010

Weekly Summary 25-31 Oct

25 October 2010

A very easy 8k run through the valley.  Didn't feel any pain in the knee although it did feel a little bit weak on the downhills and I am favoring it.  Went for a massage in the evening which really helped my legs.

Movescount 2010.10.25

26 October 2010

Went out for an 35 minute tempo run on flat road.  Another pain free session while handling a descent pace in the middle.  Went to the physio and it sounds like some inflammation under the knee.  Apparently not to serious just a little bit overworked.  This is good news as I thought it might be the joint or ligaments acting up.  Got some ultrasound and some strapping.  Tomorrow is a rest day so will test it out on Thursday morning on the trails.

Movescount 2010.10.26

28 October 2010

Early morning run through the valley. 12km.  I took it easy and the knee felt great.  I din however develop stiff ankle from favouring my left knee. 

Movescount 2010.10.28

30 October 2010

Another easy 12km run through the greenbelt.  My knee reacted good on the downhills.  I'm starting to get amped about the race next weekend! WOOOP WOOOP

Movescount 2010.10.30

31 October 2010

I decided on a change of scenery today and went for a short fast run next to the ocean.  Followed by a swim in the ocean and a scuba dive.  Great fun for a Sunday morning!

Movescount 2010.10.31

I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  Going through a period on injury is tough, but it shows where your support really comes from.  It also shows you that running or whatever activity your obsess about is not the start and end of everything.  We need to focus on a balanced life to keep us happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment