16 August 2010

Waiting for the Trail

After a long slow (very slow) run on Saturday I was amped to get out on the trail again on Sunday morning. The wind was howling and sun baking down hard, but I persevered. I started of slowly, just to get the legs warmed up, but when I hit the trail it was all speed.

I didn't push the pace at all and kept a steady heart rate. As the trail winded my pace followed. My mind drifted and it was a blissful run. Passed the same group of mountain bikers 3 times. I love doing that! Chasing mountain bikers on trails is probably my favourite thing besides running trails. Especially on the hills and the more technical the better. Just hop past them with a quick "Hey" and of you disspear into the sunset, while they push or "sukkel" up the hill. I'll definitely recommend that you go out chase a few of them around. It might just make you stronger as well! And when you have had enough of chasing them, enter the First Ascent Mast Challenge. Then you won't just chase them, you will RACE them!

elsmi's Running Move 15.8.2010 - Move at Movescount.com

No comments:

Post a Comment