31 August 2010

Distance for Difference

After the inspirational and motivational presentation from Braam Malherbe I walked out the school hall and decided that I will also dedicate myself to a charity.

The charity I have chosen is called Distance for Difference.  The charity focuses on helping children in need.  To provide them with a better home or whatever is needed to make life a little better and easier for them.  It works in a rather unique way.  I need to get sponsors that will sponsor me for every kilometer I run.  The harder I work the more I can make for the charity. Simple as that, BOOOM.  Are YOU interested in doing your part for a good cause?  Go check out the D4D website.


One of their athletes just completed a bicycle tour from the most southern point to most northern point of Taiwan.  A journey that took him 3 days, 564km and 9900m's of elevation.  Impressive!  He dubbed it MissionT2T.

I'll leave you with this:
“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” Sir Edmund Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment