13 September 2010

Weekly Summary 6Sep-12Sep 2010

6 September 2010

Last stair repeats before the Baviaans Trail Race.  Did 12 repeats and felt rather good.

Movescount 2010.09.06

7 September 2010

Spring has sprung and the sun is coming out earlier.  The second half of my morning runs are now in beautiful sunlight, really picks up the spirit.  Did 2 x 3mile intervals.  Taper is underway and will be characterized by short intense training sessions and little longer very easy runs.

Movescount 2010.09.07

8 September 2010

A short and easy run around the "block".  Felt a little bit sluggish which is not ideal at this time of my training.  My taper only started this week so hopefully it will get better with lots of rest and carbo loadinig to follow.  Last half was once again while the sun was rising, great feeling!  Had some time to do a proper stretch routine.


Movescount 2010.09.08

9 September 2010

Last long run before the big race. Ran through the valley from home, met up with the Thursday night running group and headed back into the valley.  We took it rather easy, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the pace we kept. Was suppose to do 24km, but only did about 19km.  At this stage less is probably more.

Movescount 2010.09.09

11 September 2010

A last minute decision to do the Zuurberg Mountain race.  This was the perfect final race prep race.  Fifteen kilometers of supreme mountain single track.  My recovery went very well afterward and I'm super amped for this weekend! Race report will be up soon...

Movescount 2010.09.10

 Four days 22 hours to go. The nerves are starting to build up.  This will be my most competitive race to date.  I've set myself some rather ambitious goals and I know my competition well. My preparation went well.  Now I need to focus on getting my mind in the right space and think about my strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment